Saturday, May 5, 2007

The gimp With a limp

I finally got back to my Doctor 10 days after me X ray. The diagnosis. Sacral Bi lateralitis (Or however it is spelled) Apparently the inflammation is so bad the X ray picked it up. I guess it normally can't and after the x ray you get a bone scan but I do not need a bone scan because the X ray picked it up. I now get to have steroids injected into my sacral joint. I also got some nice pain killers that take my limp away for a little while.
It is a interesting time in ones life when they are rendered immobile, for some reason that is the time you want to go ride your bike or walk all over town, or plant your garden, or shop. I normally hate shopping but have spent days doing it. I can lean on the shopping cart and walk fairly normal. One job that has been absolutely dreadful is washing the dishes. Standing at the sink is torture. I do have a dishwasher but it the pots and pans and other things that can't go in the dishwasher. For some reason I have been feeling stressed and when I get stressed I like to cook and cook big. Not a good thing to do when you can't stand at the sink for more than 3 minutes. Fred has been gone. He is home now so he was real happy about the amount of dishes waiting for him. The other morning we had NO dishes left for breakfast. So I made instant pudding and gave everyone a spoon and we had a picnic on the kitchen floor. One dish 6 spoons, its all good. The kids loved it, they kept asking when they could do it again.
I am being blessed though. Amid all the pain and hobbling I feel like I am learning to deal with things I can not control, compassion for others and all around patience. I have been able to read a lot more. I Just finished the book "The Tao of Pooh" by Benjamin Hoff. It talks about letting things go the natural way. When we let things go there natural way they happen better then when we try to coerce or change them. It is much more relaxing and happier. Its like a stream taking the path of least resistance but over time you end up with things like the grand canyon. A big thing from a little thing. It is a good read and will be added to my classics list. It funny because I was in a lot of pain and mad at life, feeling sorry for myself while I was reading about the Eeyore complex . Can you say slap in the face. I also realize I have Rabbit tendencies. Running from one place to another and not really getting anything done. The next obvious book on my list to read is "The Te of Piglet".
I kept wanting to underline the poignant parts but the whole book would have been underlined. Interesting read. I recommend it to all. I have a copy you can borrow if you like.

No comments: