Friday, April 6, 2007

I am a Collector of quotes.

I read a quote today and added it to my list of favourites. I also decided to blog about it. Why because I am still sick and if I stand for to long I feel like fainting. So there for to pass the time and let Fred watch Baseball (which I find incredibly boring) I will blog about deep thought and quotes.
"Great spirits will always encounter opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein- Wow! How true that is. This makes me think of Joseph Smith. He was constantly under violent opposition his whole life. Every day was trial. Every day was something new but yet the same old same old, mob attacks, arresting, tar and feathering. And yet he carried on doing Gods work, restoring the gospel. Amazing.
Then there is Gandhi. He brought about a revolution without violence. He did amazing things for India. I need to study this man more. There are truly amazing things I can learn from a man like that.
Esther from the bible saving her people. C.S. Lewis and all his amazing works, Mother Theresa. All these great people in history had their opposition and yet they found a way to shine thru it all. Thomas Jefferson Education teaches everyone that they are geniuses and have a mission in life. What is my Mission? I thought I knew for a while but met up with opposition and gave up on it but this quotes makes me realize I need to reconsider.
Who would have thought that a quote from Albert Einstein would have brought me back to my senses? I am a great spirit. I haven't met with violent opposition just very subtle opposition. I don't know what would be easier to deal with?
I truly need to work on my writing and public speaking. I believe my mission will have me doing more and more public speaking. and powerful speaking can be teamed up with powerful writing.
Dr. Demille has taught: "To be good is to do the right thing. To be Great is to do the right thing when it is incredibly hard."
I am on my way to greatness. I hope I don't sound egotistical. It has been a long hard study of learning the difference between Humble confidence and pride. God has decided he wants me to be humbly confident instead of proud.
"To build men and woman of virtue, wisdom, diplomacy, and courage, who inspire greatness in others and who move the cause of liberty" This is the mission statement of the college I plan to attend this fall. I am looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice decor.
Kim

karina said...

Peggy,
Are you going to get your statesmanship degree through GWC? If so HURRAY!!!!!!! I am so proud of you. I really want to do my masters through them but I am scared to death. I love Albert Enstein's quote. It helps me continue on.
Kari