Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A day in the life of.....

I have come to the conclusion that scientist that don't believe in the theory of perpetual motion are not parents of 2 year old little boys. The Boy is insane. He is constantly going from one mess to another. He makes them then says in the darn cutest voice "A mess, oh dear" I think that cute phrase has saved his life more than once.
We were outside playing and Hunter and Hailey have discovered Ants. The joy of ants. We followed Ants all morning today. My other girls have been terrified of ants, so this is a good change.
An interesting thing happened. I wanted to start reading "A Little Prince" the the kids today but they did not want to hear it. We got about 20 pages in and they all said it was boring, so Megan went and got the book "The Princess and the Goblin" So we are reading that. They were begging for more but we had to stop because Hunter decided the honey was much better suited all over his shirt, hands and hair then in the bucket. I was reading along when I heard the cute yet fearful phrase "A mess, Oh dear" So we stopped reading so we could clean up Hunter and by the time that was done everyone was onto other things. But it was interesting that the book I wanted was boring, when I let them pick it they were begging for more. So nice. I had heard of that happening but it hadn't happened here until today. They are so excited for the read tomorrow. Hannah was talking about it before Bed.
I enjoy the book as well. at the Salt lake Forum Cyndi Hampton talked about a book fitting the form for her family she strongly recommended this book. Men are Men, Woman are Woman, Good is good, bad is bad. It is a good book. I like the book too.
I decided today I seem to be going in cycles. I have a reading cycle when I read and read and read anything I can get my hands on, then when I surface from that I look at my house and say "A mess, Oh dear" so then I have a cleaning cycle when I can't get enough cleaning done. My health last week kind of screwed that up. I was to sick to clean or read. I got nothing done and now I am not quite sure what to do. I need to pick a cycle or wait and perhaps a cycle will pick me. We have been outside a lot more lately though. So maybe we will have an outside cycle now that the weather is warming up.
Being of Good cheer with multiple core phase children. How do YOU do it?

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I wish I had core phase children!!!

Kathleen said...

Really.