Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I am not cool And I'm OK with that.

I was reading a blog about pop culture and TMZ and some man Perez, and guess what I have no idea what that means. So I did a little Googling and found out TMZ is "A telepictures production and America Online joint venture that provides an inside look at the latest celebrity scandals." So I guess basically it is an online tabloid. To shame with me for not knowing.
And also who is Perez? Try googling that. Anyway needless to say if it has nothing to do with Disney Princess, Scooby Doo, or Barbie's latest movie I don't know what it is.
Actually thats not true, I have been studying other things that just take me in a different direction than that. I get my celebrity gossip updates when I am in line at the grocery store and the old lady in front of me is trying to barter with the check out clerk on every item.
Needless to say when the news headlines is a celebrity scandal it makes me sad. I saw a video of a news anchor woman who was supposed to headline Paris Hiltons latest scandal and wouldn't I was very proud of her. That is not news.
The kids I want my kids to associate with are the ones who know who Aung San Suu Kyi, and Marie Curie is, not Paris Hilton. I want my kids to read about heroes like Gandhi, Benito Juarez, Margaret Mead, not the latest arrest in Hollywood, or the Who's married to who this week. I quite honestly see it as a colossal waste of time.
I really did not intend to turn this into a soap box. But there you have it. I disagree with our cultures tend to worship scantly clad, skeletal thin people.
Thanks,


p.s. I think I found out who "Perez" is

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Rightly said.

Anonymous said...

Its "Perez Hilton" the lead guy in celebrity gossip. Sad i know that i know that, but i will admit, i enjoy my celebrity gossip now and then.
Heather

Easy as Epicure said...

you go girl!! You stick to your guns and your children will grow up with the same respect for people that their mother has. The day Princess Diana died trying to run away from the paparazzi is the day I stopped reading the tabloids. I realized it's wrong.. a lot of celebrities really do try and have a normal life for themselves and their families but really hard to do with cameras in their faces 24/7. I would not want to have every little thing I say and do be under scrutiny all the time