Monday, March 5, 2007

Its a girl!!!

We have had a new addition to our family. A 3 year old Golden Lab named Nala. She is very nice and now that she is getting used to our total chaotic lifestyle I think she will be a really good dog. She follows Hunter around the house hoping he will drop food. Meals times are the best because she sits under his highchair and just waits. Sometimes Hunter feels sad for her and throws food for her and laughs when she catches it out of the air
.


My baby sister is getting married, and I feel old. I am excited for her.


I have picked up the book "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" by Robert M. Prisig. I am looking forward to reading it. I have had many friends say they had many many epiphanies while reading it and it has greatly influenced there lives. I love books that do that. If a book can make you look at your life and see where you are doing good or need improvement it is a good book.


A book that helped me with that just recently is Laddie by Gene Stratton-Porter. A great book. It makes you think about what is not seen when you meet someone new. I also really liked the mother in that book.


Oh another book that I love is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I didn't realize I had some forgiveness issues until I read this book and it helped me see where and who I needed to forgive. Very powerful, very moving when a book can do that.

I just read an article that says they did a study with Highschool students and get this they are bored in class. the thing I found the most disturbing though was they only read and studied for less than an hour a week. I will be the first to admit I didn't study very much but I did study for more than an hour a week. My Aunt whom I lived with during Highschool is laughing and saying "yeah but barely" which is probably true.

Anyway an hour or less a week, thats not so good.

I now attempt to read probably on average about 2 hours a day while my babies are napping. I have discovered there is so much to know and so much to learn, I find it painful sometimes when my babies wake up from their naps and I have to put my books down. I hope this is inspiring to my children. My 2 year old daughter can be caught reading a book upside down on the couch at any time of day and cries when she doesn't have a book to sleep with. Its like a comfort to her. Tonight she was mad when I tried to give her a magazine instead of a book and I had to return to our bookshelf and get a proper book.

My brain is always all over the place. Thanks for trying to keep up with my train of thought.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like dogs, i really, really want one! But of course, i end up aith an asthmatic child! Such is life. We will have to come visit your new addition, weird that you put it that way cause i had a dream last night (no jokes here) that you were pregnant again, with a girl!!!!! cRAZY TIMES EH!
Heather

Heather said...

I want a dog really really bad! I am really jealous, but of course i end up with an asthmatic child! Such is life! Very strange that you put it as a new addition, cause last night (no joke) i had a dream that you were pregnant again with a little girl!
Crazy times i tell ya! We will have to come see the new addition sometime soon!
Heather

Anonymous said...

Hey Peg, if you need a good book recommendation, I thought that The Life of Pi by Yann Martel was really good, so if you haven't read it, try it. And if you like poetry and philosophy, I really like Khalil Gibran's writings. However, Gibran is not for everyone, so if you do try reading one of his books, and hate it, I will understand.