Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The fun of coming back home

I had an amazing weekend in Salt Lake city. I went down for the TJed Forum they have every year. It was fantastic. Very inspiring, very uplifting, very good to know that I am not he only one struggling with this. This being the Leadership education I am struggling to give my children when I did not receive one myself. It helped me to realize where my conveyor belt hang over was affecting me and how to get over it. To bad there isn't some magic pain killer to help. But we must feel the pain and struggle.
Dr. Demille talked about the 8Th Key. Secure not Stressed. Very wonderful. Trusting in the phases of education and the other 7 keys, Secure not Stressed is a wonderful Key to a great education. Yes but now how do you do it. I left my notebook in my friends vehicle but I will get it back soon.
It was wonderful, but I came home to a bit of a crisis. When I got back my Brother in Law was playing our wii. "Where is Fred?" I asked "He had to take Hunter and Hailey to the emergency room, they ate a bottle of children's vitamins and poison control told him to take them to the Hospital" YIKES!!!!!
But they are fine. They had to wait 6 hours from the time they ate the vitamins then take their blood to see just how much they ingested. Hailey was fine and Hunter was on the high end of normal. We had to watch for Blood in their stool but it has been almost 48 hours and they are fine. But what a scare. My goodness. I looked up on the Internet and found out that Iron poisoning is the leading cause of death in toddlers. A very fervent and faithful prayer was said at that moment. So much for "Child proof" caps. I guess Hannah decided she wanted a vitamin and left the bottle on the table and that is how they got them. Fred was watching television in the other room with the other kids, and didn't notice until it was too late.
Now I must take to heart what it was I learned this weekend, and implement it. And I am sad I forgot my notebook. And the trip down, to be with like minded people for that long, was very refreshing. It is so nice to know I am not alone, that their are others who think and believe the same as I do. It can get lonely sometimes and I think I am crazy but this kind of event cements that for my family I am doing the right thing. I am the expert in My home I am able to do the right thing and give my children a superb education. And I am excited to do it.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Glad to hear you had a great time!
Heather
You must bring the chillin over soon!
Heath

Anonymous said...

Did Hunter and Hailey manage to get the child proof cap off themselves, or did Hannah forget to put it back on? If it was on, and Hunter and Hailey figured out a way to get it off by working together, it wouldn't surprise me. I hope Hannah doesn't feel bad about leaving the vitamins out.
Kim