Monday, August 18, 2008

Core Phase... Relax

Just to tell all 4 people who read my blog, I am going to write a paper on what Core Phase is to me. I have also decided that as I go along and come up with ideas I will post them here for your feed back.
I wrote an email to a Yahoo! group I belong to about core phase and a friend of mine wrote in saying you need to RELAX. The fact that she capitalized the words caught my attention so I came up with an acronym. What can I say I'm a sucker for acronyms.
We need to RELAX in core phase
R - Read to your kids in all phases, Core, Love of Learning, and Scholar
E - Example we need to behave the way we want our kids to behave
L - Laugh with your kids. There is a ton of studies on how laughing and having fun can reduce stress and lessen a stressful situation so better learning can happen.
A - Attitude have a good attitude about how you are being have an attitude of Joy
X - Explain things, explain what is good, true, and right. Be the sounding board of explanation.

I would honestly like to know what you think. If you have a comment please leave one.

3 comments:

S said...

I've been following your blog for a while, Hi!

My children are in Core Phase as well and relax is an excellent word for what I need to do. I worry constantly but learning should be fun. More importantly, being a young kid should be fun. I've tried to put more focus on myself lately and trying to set the example. So I really like your acronym. I think it's worth printing out and posting up.

Heather said...

sounds great peg! looks like you are doing really well! You will have to come play sometime:)

arlene said...

This is great Peggy! I am very impressed...I would have to say you were inspired. I love this. Is it OK if I post it on my fridge?

xo arlene